Event cancellation/postponement update
As we are all aware currently the Covid-19 Pandemic is meaning lots of sport events are being postponed/cancelled throughout the country.
At our District level we have postponed the Secondary Schools Championship that was to be held on 9th April. It will be rescheduled to a later date.
Currently the district Pennants Competitions and other scheduled events will continue to go ahead as planned however this will continue to be closely monitored in the coming days.
NZ Golf has issued regarding their upcoming national events:
The affected golf events are:
• NZ Women’s Autumn Foursomes, 24 March – postponed
• Jennian Homes Charles Tour: Autex Muriwai Open, 26 March, postponed
• Jennian Homes Charles Tour: Barfoot and Thompson Akarana Open, 2 April, postponed
• New Zealand Women’s Masters, 3 April – postponed
• South Island Age Group Championships, 22 April, postponed
All these events are postponed with the intention of playing at dates to be finalised later in the year.
Other affected events include:
• New Zealand Golf Talent Development Camp, 5 and 6 April – postponed.
• New Zealand Golf Awards Dinner, 4 May – cancelled.
• Chairman’s Dinner for District Associations and Life Members, 4 May 2020 – cancelled
• District Association Forum, 5 May – cancelled
• Future Leaders Programme, 3 and 4 May – postponed
• New Zealand Golf AGM, 5 May – to be held by video conference (note that updated notice will be distributed next week).
We trust that you all understand New Zealand Golf’s decision on these matters has been based on information from experts and with the health and wellbeing of players, our staff and the general community in mind.
NZ Golf has also issue the following statements regarding clubs:
Each club is being advised to lessen the risk through various procedures, however it is still up to each club on how their events are effected.
NZ Golf has advised the following:
Health and safety must take priority over any other consideration
For now, restrictions do not prevent clubs from operating their facilities, however we suggest clubs and facilities consider the following:
• Asking members and guests to staying away from the club if they are experiencing flu like symptoms.
• Asking members and guests to staying away from the club if they have been travelling internationally in the past 14 days.
• Regularly washing hands with soap (recommended) or an antibacterial wash.
• Placing hand sanitisers in prominent areas and requesting that members and guests utilise these regularly whilst on the premises.
• Implementing a minimum 10 minute interval between tee times.
• Asking players to not remove the pin when putting.
• Removing the pins from practice putting greens.
• Removing bunker rakes from the course.
• Closing drinking fountains.
• Removing shared sun screen stations.
• Closing ball washers.
• Removing all shared food items/menus.
• Cleaning all surfaces at the club or facility regularly.
• Where possible, limiting person-to-person contact.
We will endeavor to keep all clubs up to date with developments as they come to hand.
Please see below for the up to date Women’s order of merit
Pennants Results 2019 after Round 1 Pennants Results 2019 After Rd 2 Pennants Results 2019 After Rou
Lucy May Results 2018
Pennants Results Div 1 2018 after 4 Rounds Division 1 Women’s Pennants Winners – Hastings Tuis. Than